H22A
By Ajax1989
#188620 bisi ftw!! :thumb:
By redciv1
#188622 I saw your name at the end Mooze.
By redciv1
mooze wrote:well the clutch didnt come with the kit. i had a fresh one that was sitting around. wiring was about a 3 at max. not much to change. more of just extending. i rewired dizzy and alternator i think that was it. all of that was done by merging the two harnesses. didnt have to take anything apart

When you say "rewired the dizzy and alternator" are you saying you swapped plugs or you had to due something else. I swappped a H22 into a 93 Accord and remember having to deal with the whole internal/external coile and was wondering if that would need to be done also.
Also which tranny are you running? Gears are really long. Are you able to stay in Vtec with that tranny?
By mooze
redciv1 wrote:
mooze wrote:well the clutch didnt come with the kit. i had a fresh one that was sitting around. wiring was about a 3 at max. not much to change. more of just extending. i rewired dizzy and alternator i think that was it. all of that was done by merging the two harnesses. didnt have to take anything apart

When you say "rewired the dizzy and alternator" are you saying you swapped plugs or you had to due something else. I swappped a H22 into a 93 Accord and remember having to deal with the whole internal/external coile and was wondering if that would need to be done also.
Also which tranny are you running? Gears are really long. Are you able to stay in Vtec with that tranny?

u have to swap the plugs. doesnt matter if u use the plugs from your old harness or if u use the plugs from the h23 harness. i would recommend the h23 harness because it has all the pin already there other than the tach which is mad simple. since your old dizzy was external coil u run the power wire going to the coil to the blk/yel wire at the dizzy instead. theres your external to internal swap. the rest of the pins u just match up by location. the alternator i cant remeber off the top of my head so ill check. i no there are two wires which should match by color and two that dont. u just have to find out the two that dont
By mooze
#190345 sorry i missed the tranny question. im using a stock dx eg tranny. i also have another one that i will be building later. gears are pretty crappy but the motor makes up for it. with my rev limit set at 8k i shift into 2nd staying in VTEC but i dont catch traction........with crappy gears its ok because u always fall back in the h23's power zone so it pretty much come out strong each time......i raced a maxima today hehehehehe what a smile it gave me.....second gear gave him no chance......went to the track friday......2 gsr's and an ek.....my first to runs blew my slave cylinder kept flooring and no traction though first with wheel hop an continues a good bit through second. ran chrome 17's on street tires. after the first 2 runs i adjusted what i needed to for the track and had fun
By redciv1
#190867 Nice Mooze. So you are running a Chipped P28 I assume. When you say "you don't catch traction", is that because of tires spinning? And what's up with the Slave Cylinder? What rpm do you generally shift at, ballpark figure? Excuse all the questions but just trying to see if I want to go the H2D route.
By mooze
#191571 yeah. chipped p28. traction issue is from wheels spinning and wheel hop. im going to fab up a front mount to try and make the motor more stable under load because as of now i have no torque mounts. the slave cylinder issue i was having because of a flaw in my bracket design. easy fix though. took 3 minutes. when im on the track im usually shifting at 7500 which is close to my rev limit. i will b just shifting into 3rd (if i even do) at the end of the 1/8 at about 80+ mph. would kill in the 1/4 but not any around me
By LaMbErT*
#199243 you have skills and money :| respect man, new vid with tec ftw :P
By mooze
#200125 yeah its coming man.......just been working
By Ajax1989
#200139 is there any diff between the h22a or the h23? other then one bein a 2.2 and the other 2.3..?

i plan on doin a h swap next year, and im debating on which to get
By mooze
#200839 yes.....more tq from H23A.....internals are a little different......bigger throttle body...lots of small things,but they pay off
By mooze
#200840 i was trying to make the VTEC vid for u guys and here came the busted mount......tranny mount ripped right through the center
By bk_civiceg
#203160 I've got a question for ya Mooze, I have been considering this swap for some time now, but I'm still confused... I assume that you used d series tranny mounts, but with the bisi adapter plate, what mount did you use for the drivers side? Can you just use the h motor mount? Also, I have read that you need to grind off part of the block for the axles to clear, is this correct?
Thanks
By mooze
#203293 custom drivers mount using angle iron.....
u do have to shave some of the block.. i think theres a pic in this thread where mine is being shaved... best way to do it is merge the tranny and block then shave and try axle before putting in the bay