Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By TurboHatch
#92328 Ok many of you with the 92-95 civics know all about the rear disk conversion using 99-00 civic si or 94-01 integra rear brakes, well this is what i will refer to as stage one and non of that will be covered in this post, this post assumes you already upgraded to the rear disk but want more then the puny 9 inch rotors and dinky pads have to offer, well here is a cheap and easy way to upgrade to 10.2 rotors and much larger pads. I call it stage 2 :)
Here is my 00 si rear brakes behind 16 inch slips. better then drum but still puny.

now here is all you need to upgrade.
2006 acura RSX rear caliper brackets easily found on RSX forums from cars being parted out, got mine for 20 bucks.
2003 civic SI hatch rear rotors new from any parts store, about 15 bucks each.
2006 acura RSX rear pads new from any parts store.
resuse the 94-01 integra or 99-00 si rear caliper.

thats it its all a direct bolt on, the only issue i had was the new pads i bought were very thick and with the new rotors it was a very tight squeeze getting the caliper on even with the plunger turned all the way in, so i simply machined a little material off the pads, not the backing but the actual material that wears off any way, another alternative would be to have the rotor turned a little thinner then brand new.
here is a comparison of the old rotors and new and old pads and new, look how much larger the pads are! and the rotors are a nice 1 inch increase as well.

here it is all assembled

and here it is with the tire on, looks much beefier and fills in the tire much nicer.

any way thats it, now i just have to get time to do my front brake swap, as of right now my back brakes are actually larger then my fronts haha. feel free to sticky if you want to mods :)
By smokinsoljah420
#92331 :? im not trying to be a dick but how is this a DIY? you dont even show how to put it on? :?
By TurboHatch
#92332 This is a stage 2 DIY in order for you to even consider it you must have already done a rear brake swap, which means you already know how to install brakes, the DIY of this is the fact you can source and put together a big brake kit all by your self, no need to buy a big brake kit from a online company. sorry this thread isnt to teach you how to change brakes, heck even my youngest sister knows how to do that :) thats why i said this assumes you already did the rear disk conversion to the OEM integra or 99-00 si which means you already know how to install brakes and dont need me trying to tell you something you already know. but you didnt know you could use these parts to upgrade to big brakes for cheap :)
By VegasCivic
#92335 :thumb: goodjob. The same is possible with the front. Which parts idk, but i have seen plenty of companies sell the bracket and rotor.
By TurboHatch
#92343 exactly , but my goal was to set out and use parts that are at the junk yard or parts store, for the front i am doing the straight forward integra knuckle swap, that will give me 10.3 front and still clear my bogart rims at the track :)
By blockustomz
#92344 sweet im doing this when i need new rears..
By asianrob
#92350 just to let you know... the RSX and 97-01 ITR rear brake calipers are the same... soo yea... they do have different part #'s tho
By TurboHatch
DC4rob wrote:just to let you know... the RSX and 97-01 ITR rear brake calipers are the same... soo yea... they do have different part #'s tho

?? this DIY doesn't use calipers from a RSX or a ITR, unless you meant to say the caliper brackets are the same? i cant promise any other mix and match will work, all i can say is what i posted works perfect.
By Greasedmonkey
#92365 why not use the RSX rear calipurs? They might fit over the rotor better.
By TurboHatch
Greasedmonkey wrote:why not use the RSX rear calipurs? They might fit over the rotor better.

I cant promise a RSX caliper will work, i dont have one handy to try it and i didnt want to waste money on one in case it did not work, once the rotor gets some wear on it new pads in the future wont need trimmed, in fact other brands of pads may not even need trimmed, like i said the set i bought just seemed to be thicker then others i have seen, they are just cheap pads for now, i will upgrade to performance pads down the road and maybe they wont be as thick out of the box. either way it was a 3 second per pad fix on to remove a few blond hairs worth of material.
By Greasedmonkey
#92370 I know for the 5 lug conversion Im going to be working on you can use ITR brackets and Calipurs, so I dont see why rsx brackets and calipurs would not fit.
By TurboHatch
#92400 is the rotor the same as the one i used? 2003 civic si hatch? this rotor is 10.2, if the rsx rotor is the same perhaps it will work. that aside i would rather wait and see some one do it for sure then suggest people try it since i already know for a fact the exact parts i listed work perfect. and since to do this mod you already must have rear brake conversion the chances of the person already having the caliper i used should be 100% ..
By TurboHatch
#92435 can you use JDM ITR and EP3 rear trailing arms to convert to disk from drum? if so then that is great that you can use the caliper, but if 00-99 si and 94-01 integra are the only ones you can use then you might as well use the calipers you already have rather then buy others. i can see how the ITR would work as we already established the integra rear trailing arms are what we use for the initial swap and the normal integra calipers are probably the same bolt pattern as the ITR integra ones, but as for EP3 calipers im not sure on that.
By Graham
#92437 Yes you can use ITR trailing arms but not EP3 that i know of, and if you use ep3 calipers you have to invert them when you bleed them as the bleed nipple points downwards when you put them on an eg

Remember 98 spec ITRs have larger rear brakes and are 5 lug whereas 96 specs have smaller rear brakes and are 4 lug, make sure its 98+ ones if you want to do this