What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By weaponr82
#20660 Im very impressed by the work done on the rims. The best I did was clean, buff and spray paint my accord rims for my CRX (gold and gray) so i could mount some slicks on em and look custom. Im lazy btw
By BAXTER_EJ1
#24041 This kind of process would work for scratched rims too? I have some seriously abused Sparcos that are in need of some love this winter when the steelies are back on. They have a red finish on the spun aluminum on the outside of the rim that I'd like to maintain, but it could use some touching up as well.

I was thinking of having them professionally done but hell, if I could spend a week doing them myself, I might as well.

I can take detailed pics if it would help, I have a feeling they are going to be a PITA.
By ohDirka
#24056 better have a clear schedule man it takes a lot of time...i put like 12 hours into my valve cover
By ChicagoMike
D15kid wrote:better have a clear schedule man it takes a lot of time...i put like 12 hours into my valve cover

I just did my dizzy, put about 7 hours into it, I'll post some pics tomorrow in daylight. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#24090 I probably have 8+ hours into each of my HX rims. definitely a winter project. you can use Duplicolor MetalCast paint to make the lips red again if you want to do it yourself. :thumb:
By JDMazFuK
#25420 daMn..nice to bad i dont have time to polish up my itrs..as ive been wanting to do for the longest..unless someone is willing to do it for me..hahahah
By Goobz_93HB
#61634 :o Polished wheels are gorgeous!

I want some of those LS Meshies for the Hatch! :D

Nice write up Brian...I'll def. be using this one.
By opocot
#61755 damn..thats nice :thumb:
By sdots
#75351 Wow, really nice, might invest in some rims to refurb save some money instead of buying some regamasters
By a_CoUpE
#102251 i just used half these pics on a speech project. :thumb:
By Vti93T
#102262 I think Blake and I are going to have to follow your polishing technique lol. I wanted to polish the si's before they were stolen off my car. We are still going to do the works though.
By Vti93T
#102948 ok now I have a question.. The rims we have kinda already have a shiny lip but have surface rust on it. What grit sandpaper would we have to use to get the surface rust off and then continue on to polish them?
By teal_dx
#102956 what kind of wheels do you have? Just sand off the rust as needed, but the lower grit you go, the more sanding you'll be doing later on. I'd try starting with the 240 grit, anything lower is gong to be pretty heavy scratches.