D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Eg6H2D
suspendedHatch wrote:Amazing.

People... please don't generalize with AFRs. No car on earth is made to "run as close to possible to 14.7". That car would blow up under WOT and it run and idle like shit. In other words, no car has a single target AFR across all loads and RPM.

At idle the AFR will target 14.5 and slightly richer for a more steady idle. The ECU will target 14.7 at the load and RPM points you encounter during a smog test. Under cruising it will go a lot leaner for fuel economy. I've seen it go over 16:1 on the factory tune, and I've taken it to 18:1 with an AEM EMS. When you let off the throttle in gear above 1200 RPM the ECU turns the injectors off which is an infinite AFR. Rapid throttle changes will cause a brief rich spike to prevent a studder. Under acceleration it will go to 13.5 or so. Under WOT once you cross a certain load point, the ECU will dump as much fuel as it is capable of spraying.

14.7 is stoich which is best for emissions. A richer mixture will make more power, but the actual ratio for max power has to be determined on a dyno. There is no magic number. For fuel economy, you want to lean the mixture as much as you can w/out causing a lean misfire which is the point of swirl combustion and other measures.

No more generalizing!!

:woot:

ur the shiet!!! :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
robster wrote:One stepp more ahead. New Fidanza flywheel and Exedy Stage1 clutch.

And after that i put together what belongs together!

here and there some littel stuff to do and ther engine is ready for the wedding!

Definately like that flywheel holding tool ya got there. where can i find one??.. :thumb:
By robster
EG6b20R wrote:Definately like that flywheel holding tool ya got there. where can i find one??.. :thumb:

I found it at a online store here in Germany but i think if you search some stores in the US you wil find one.

If your looking for a OEM one -> 07LAB-PV00100 RING GEAR HOLDER 89,-$
By robster
eg84dr wrote:what kinda gas mileage you getting?

Still no time for a dyno run :(

But did a lot of driving and hey i made 732mls out of 16,91 gal that's 43,3mls/gal or 5,4l /100km :D i think thats not bad!
By -paul
#220922 Awesome! How was you driving? Not going beyond 3,000RPM etc?
By robster
#220988 I reved the engine from time to time up to 6500rpm did some uphill driving and used the enginebrake downhill I reved it throug the whole rpm band with high and low engine load.

that was with the 1. tank the 2. tank i had 20% city 20% countryside highway about 65mph and 60% express highway with an average speed of 87mph. All combined i got those numbers :D
By -paul
#221037 Interesting... I was advised to not go beyond 4,000 RPM for the first 500 miles, but don't always accelerate like a granny. Half to 3/4 acceleration would be good. Plenty of lane driving, switching gears etc.

Also was advised to change the oil after 100 miles then again at 500. I've also done another at 1,000 and then 2,500 and then 5,500. That was my decision to do so though.

It'll be interesting to see what you have done Rob.
By robster
#221040 Its still the 1. oil. I have now +-800 mls on it and have to change it next week. I used 10w40 mineral oil for break in and at the oil change i wil use 5W30 syntetic Liquit Moli and OEM filer.
By -paul
#221208 I think there's always been a question mark as to what oil we use for our engines. I've personally always used 10-40W. I've heard 5-30W oil is too 'thin'. Please correct me if I'm wrong please!
By ohDirka
#221234 I just have to say Great Job :thumb: You do everything so professionally and make everything look as good as possible without missing details.
By Eg6H2D
iChrist wrote:I think there's always been a question mark as to what oil we use for our engines. I've personally always used 10-40W. I've heard 5-30W oil is too 'thin'. Please correct me if I'm wrong please!

It's all dependant at the outside temps (Climate) the car is being used it's in the OEM Manual.. . 10w30/40 is thicker so in snow and very cold climates it wont work to it's potential and move around freely. 5w-30 would be perfect.. for colder climate less oil weight to splash around.
it all has to do with climate.. :thumb:
By Simmons
#221532 Wow this is a superb build :thumb: