If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By chrono404
BLaCkSiLo wrote:hey man, any word on that leaky mount?

Mount is still leaking. If I baby this car and drive like a grandpa I can still daily it. I will be doing something to the mount. I was found some thick rubber stuff at my uncles he will let me play with to see if I can make it into a new Mount. If not I will also weld up the mount so I can drive like a human until I pick up a Aftermarket Mount or Polyurethane mount inserts or something.

Mr. Pink wrote:Chrono you need a better camera.

Yes I do. I have been using the Camera in my Black Berry Pearl. I have been meaning for a long time to pick up a Decent Camera. I will be getting a new phone when ever the t-mobile g1v2 Drops(Q4 09). However still I Plan on getting a Decent Camera when I get the chance.

Sentry wrote:I meant nitrous. :wink:

If I am shooting up Nitrous what good is this guy then? :lol:
For the tracks I wanna run at I am thinking of running low boost with higher staged Cams. Nitrous isn't the biggest helper on a Circuit Track. However for the occasional drag race, It will make life more interesting. This will have to unfortunately wait for a while as I have alot on my plate atm. However It is in my plans to Boost my B. Spraying will happen sometime along the way for when silly mustangs come out to play.
By chrono404
BLaCkSiLo wrote:oh really? :o that's a pretty small turbo, maybe a t25 from the edelbrock kit?

i like where this is going.... where are you going to be circuit racing?

Its an IHI RHB5 Turbo. Its off a Turbo Ford Probe. 8psi Stock. The fact its a Small turbo will spool fast, Should give me a good usable power curve. Good for track running, She will be out of steam @8k.

I plan on Spraying my wet kit as well. However will only be spraying when I decide to do a Drag Race.

I will be doing Auto Cross Events with SCCA, Also some Road Courses and eventually running the main track at PIR.
By BLaCkSiLo
#136465 where did you score that turbo at? i ALMOST bought an IHI turbo but they are similar to a t25 i think and water cooled.....

see, i'm not so interested in autocross or scaa so much, but where/how do you do the road courses? and running the main track would be kickass at PIR, let me know if/when you ever decide to do that i might have to join :P
By chrono404
#136667 Image
Picked up a Si Grill of a buddy of mine. :hehe:
I have been planning on getting one of these Since the day I bought the car.
By 92egdxhatch
#136671 looks really good
By chrono404
92egdxhatch wrote:looks really good

Thanks

Welded up my Driver side mount, The top was completely ripped off, Only thing holding the engine down was gravity. There is a little more vibration then normal. Worst around 1200-1500. I will make some gaskets out of some Rubber disks when I get a chance.
By chrono404
#142769 I asked for your opinion on quiet exhaust setups, This is what I went with.

One of the first pics I put on Civic-eg showing my new house. I had a new "Super Turbo" Muffler on my car by a local shop.

Out with the old 4" Fartcan,
In With the new Turbo Muffler.
The shop that put in did an Awesome job. Its tucked in there quite nicely.
The car is much much quieter than it has been in the past. It now has a deeper tone, which I like.

I sometimes missing hitting vtec and hearing it echo off the walls of surrounding buildings back. I think it sounded cool. When VTEC cracks now, it does get louder, However not near the same. I do notive the tach accelerate faster in VTEC now,Probably something I didn't notive in the past
Last edited by chrono404 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sentry
#142779 When do we get to hear it? :)
By BLaCkSiLo
#142792 awesome :thumb: i'm sure you had a better experience at the exhaust shop than i did... looks good and i bet it sounds better too.

I can't really hear my vtec either over the whistle of my turbo :hehe: but i find mine still echos off the walls and stuff. so it seems like you opened up some top for it to rev quicker in the upper rpm's? nice job man
By Apexracing
#142841 are those g force sports tires? if so how do you like them on your civic? nice teg too.
By LaMbErT*
#142855 good work man looks good, not keen on the mesh tho
By Heatherly
#146066 Geez you've been a busy guy! You know I love the hatch though - when do I finally get to see it?! :eh:
By chrono404
Heatherly wrote:Geez you've been a busy guy! You know I love the hatch though - when do I finally get to see it?! :eh:

Whenever I come up there for a Honda Meet in my EK? So i guess when I get to see your new Honda.

Apexracing wrote:are those g force sports tires? if so how do you like them on your civic? nice teg too.

The Rear tires are, The Front Tires are Toyo Proxie 4s They are a decent sticky tire that grips well in corners at high speed. I am happy with them.

Sentry wrote:When do we get to hear it? :)

When I go to a friends and we take a Video of it Running / Driving.
By chrono404
#169952 I Moved my car for the first time in Months Since I parked it for the Winter.

I decided to paint my Rota J-Spl Rims White after seeing a EG Hatch with them White.

They need a few touch ups, I am waiting for them to Cure then I will clear coat them and put in my 99-00 Si Center caps back in. I think they turned out quite well and Like how They look on my Hatch.

I will be having more Updates come soon as Spring is getting close. :thumb:
I will be taking a Video of the how the Exhaust sounds soon. I Need to get over to my friends house with my Hatch so we can record it.